Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Organic volunteer opportunities at Cross Island Farms...
- Have you always wondered what it would be like to work on an organic farm?
- Do you dream of someday having your own organic farm?
- Do you love working with plants, animals, and Mother Earth?
- Are you willing to work hard and get your hands and clothes dirty?
- Are you interested in trading your time and labor for a hands-on learning opportunity?
- Do you want to experience living on an organic farm?
If you answered yes to several of the above questions, you might be interested in volunteer work experience opportunities at Cross Island Farms. Options range from a half-day to weekend, week-long, or long term on-farm experience. Lodging may be available for longer term volunteers.
Although we are not able to offer financial compensation at this time, we believe that the hands-on experience, organic training, and knowledge we offer would be of great value to the right people. If you are considering getting into organic farming, such an experience could be invaluable, even if you decide not to pursue organic farming further.
If you think a volunteer opportunity at our farm may be for you, Contact Us! We thank you for your interest!
Learn more about organic farm volunteering at wwoofusa.org
Targeted towards college students, we also offer immersive internships at the farm! There are four major areas of focus to choose from including regenerative perennial agriculture, animal husbandry, annual vegetable growing, and business.
About her experience at Cross Island Farms, Anneke wrote:
"I had an awesome experience at Cross Island Farms. David and Dani were very accommodating and generous with their time, knowledge, and delicious homegrown veggies, meat, and jams! I learned a very diverse set of skills. Watch out, or you'll fall in love with the pigs."
WWOOFer Anneke digs carrots in January. There is always work to be done on the farm!
Volunteer options and areas may include:
- Fence construction
- Drip irrigation
- Vegetable planting, weeding, and picking
- Greenhouse help
- Livestock assistance
- Management intensive rotational grazing
- Mulch and organic fertilizers
- Row covers and organic pest control
- Preparing for sales
- Machinery repair, modification, and construction
- Farm construction such as buildings and pens
- Woodlot management
- Work in the Edible Forest: planting, mulching, pruning, harvesting fruits and berries, and other special projects
- Anything else that needs to be done!
Volunteers Alisa and Haley mulching
Translate This Page
© Copyright Cross Island Farms